Tuesday 12 April 2022

I write the words

River of wine

So divine,

Then I write the words...

Yes, that's how it goes,

And I just write the words.


It drives me mad,

The cycle that turns and turns!

...Make it end... 

So i don't have to pretend!

But i still have to write the words


Throw my thoughts against the wall!

...It all seems so cruel...

Let's shed a tear,

Over a beer...

I've just got to write the words.


It's summertime and raining hard:

Clouds of steel,

Brighter than my shadow!


The skies just love to give us winter;

Each year the cold arrives a little bit swifter.

And I will be stuck in a room someplace,

Where clouds soar in disgrace,

Sat battling with my thoughts while time dies in the endless chase.

Can I resolve a hopeless war,

And forge peace between the lines of life...

What do I care?  What does anyone care?

I'll still be here to write the words


Damn it's cold 

I'm wrapped up in a blanket and the sun is burning away,

But the clouds won't give it a chance to do anything -

Useless star that you are!

I'm all closed up,

My mind's shut in,

Is there no one out there who'll hear me sing?

It doesn't matter in the end...

Because I've got to write the words...

I don't know why - I feel forced by some great power,

And it drives me to write the words.


The clouds hang around all day because they are bored,

And the trees are as useless as used matches (and as dull!),

The sun you say you are,

Useless old star...

But I've still got to write the words.

Then everything turns gold,

And I cannot breathe 

Lack of oxygen...

I can't think.

Just can't get a break,

Why is it so hard for goodness sake?

But still I keep writing the words.

===========================================================

Also take a look at:
My Games
Play Given 'em Hell
Play Elfin Quest
Witches Brew a short text based adventure game!
Also take a look at:
My YouTube Channel


My Books












No comments:

Post a Comment