Tuesday 20 October 2020

WRITING THE TRIALS OF RUDWIN

  I finished the Legend of Rudwin a long time ago.  It's an old book now.
  But even as I drew the writing of that work to a close - I knew the story was not truly over.  
  There was still more to tell.
  Rudwin's story was going to carry on in The Trials.
  I started writing the trials more than ten years ago - writing a page here and then, on and off.
  By 2014 the sections I had written had to be rewritten because of changes in the flow of the story, and the history of the world of Ethentua - which is always changing in my imagination.
  I stopped writing the book for about two years.  
  To be honest I had given up.
  I got it into my head that the book wasn't worth writing - the Legend of Rudwin hadn't been very successful so why do another one?
  I decided to make a movie instead - and so that is what I did.
  That movie was the Way of the Roads.
  I was happy with the movie when it was finished because it contained elements if the Trials.
  But the Trials would always continue to linger in my mind.  
  As crazy as this sounds I would actually dream about it.
  Yes.
  I have had several dreams about that unfinished book.
  I took it as a sign.
  I had to finish the work.
  And so a year ago I returned to the writing of the Trials full time.
  No more playing about - I had to put pen to paper - or more appropriately fingers to keyboard, and get that book finished.
  It is my mission now.
  It must be done.
  The Trials of Rudwin will be written.
  Darn it might take a long time.  A very long time.  But I will do it because in my heart I feel that it is a story that is worth telling.

PEACE.
=================================================================


Also take a look at:
My Games
Play Given 'em Hell
Play Elfin Quest
Witches Brew a short text based adventure game!
Also take a look at:
My YouTube Channel


My Books















No comments:

Post a Comment