Wednesday 14 October 2020

The troubles of making the extended scenes for Hated Guests

The new scenes for Hated Guest 3rd cut are all filmed.  Almost two hours worth of footage - though it will be a lot less once I have whittled it down.
  In the process of editing the footage right now - chroma keying all that green away and placing the characters back into the Haunted Mansion House of Edmund Gore!
  But darn me!  Was it ever a difficult shoot!  
  Haha!
  I have been meaning to expand the Hated Guests for years - and once I had finally written the new scenes I thought to myself, like the narrator in the movie: 'Okay!  Let's do this!'
  I set up the green screen - fixed the camera ready for action...
  ...And then everything that could go wrong went wrong!
  SD card I was using got corrupted.  People across the road started to hold a party - I actually picked up their loud and liquored voices!  
  Then I had to go back to work, and then i was too tired to do anything.  
  Then when I was on a roll the camera battery went flat and that was the end of that!
  Ahh the joys of making indie movies!
  But I got it done eventually.
  All scenes shot.
  That's the most important thing.
  When will the final product be finished?  Goodness knows - but for now it is time to have a drink!
  Because ​there is nothing better than feeling that burning wrathful river flowing down the throat!




=================================================================


Also take a look at:
My Games
Play Given 'em Hell
Play Elfin Quest
Witches Brew a short text based adventure game!
Also take a look at:
My YouTube Channel


My Books












No comments:

Post a Comment