Friday 27 July 2018

Never trust a man who looks like an owl...

I fear not the hobgoblins, sneaking in the glades...
  I ignore the whisper of the haunted trees.
  I know their lies from old, experience has made me wise.
  I know the spirits that live in the roots, that drink up the water, dry up the life, sink into the wood, and speak through the branches and leaves in evil tongues.
  I know their ways.
  I am old.
  Experience has made me this way.
  I am no stranger to the dark.
  I have seen the mare charging through the night.
  I have seen the eyes gleaming in the firelight.
  Green eyes, watching me.
  Music helps keep it at bay, but it knows me and knows my way.
  I do not fear the goblins, or the whispering of the trees.
  In the deepest part of the forest, you find none of these.
  Because like me they know not to go there...
  Like me they fear the Owl Man.
  The Owl Man...
  The Owl Man...
  They know where he lives, where he sleeps at day,
  They know where he stalks at night and keep well away.
  Up in the trees he fills the air with a screech that's hard to bear, he calls up the spirit folk, and speaks in many tongues.
  He haunts our dreams at night, and he is talked of in many songs.

  Do not trust the owl man!
  He will give you sweets, and speak sweetly.  He will offer promises, and speak to you in poetry.
  Do not trust the owl man...

His eyes are vast like moons,
He watches you in dunes,
In dreams,
In worlds made of a thousand thoughts.
He lives in trees,
He lives in our hopes,
But at nighttime you are sure to be caught.
For the night is his domain,
And you are a fool should you remain,
On the open road at night.

He will sail over you, a vast cloud of doom,
Darker than night,
Fear him!
The owl man!
He is no friend.
Ignore his words and fear his eyes...

Should you ever see a man standing on a branch,
In the middle of the woodland glade,
Fear him, fear him!
Fear the Owl man!
Flee if you can!  Don't get caught in a trance!

Get away from the woods...
Seek your homes...
Lock your doors and windows...
Because he knows,
Lord of dreams,
The wild ways of the human mind.


Put light to the shadows.
Turn away not from the dark...
And pray for morning rise,
To wipe away the lies,
Of the Owl Man's power -
For he is the Lord of Dreams.



Play Elfin Quest

My YouTube Channel


Witches Brew a short text based adventure game!




1 comment: