Wednesday 7 September 2022

Night Time is my time ...

Night Time is my time ...

Said the voice in the wind

My finest friend.

How lovely your mind shinned.

As you used to wait for me on my windowsill,

And in the dews linger still,

Reminding me of the dreams that time so desired I forget.

You remind me of the perfect sleep,

While I lay full awake,

In your dark coils, in your dark beams, in your vast expanse that flows into and beyond space: you are the most wonderful thing.

You are beyond all things for you last forever beyond eyes where time dances.

I think of you while I sleep, and you are with me when I am awake, 

The night is my cloak, my blanket and my flaming hearth to warm my limbs.

You are my best friend, said the voice in the wind,

As the voice called me to the windowsill,

I see the stars still, with you they stand,

Aflammed over the hills.

And in the silver spots of the dragons scales my thoughts wonder,

I had not realised I was alive till I witnessed the veil before the wind, the breath that breathed in the wild, where the world snapped together and became one.  In the silence of your slumber I have never felt more alive.

I miss you when you are gone.  The harp in my heart plays a song for you.  

It always plays.  There is always a song in my hope for thee - night: it waits for you, and for the voice in the wind, as I lean and watch out by my windowsill.

And maybe there will come a moment still, where we might meet rise, and walk amid the fields above the skies, and name the stars, one by one, as we go and build our home in the beams of time.


===========================================================

Also take a look at:
My Games
Play Give 'em Hell
Play Elfin Quest
Witches Brew a short text based adventure game!
Also take a look at:
My YouTube Channel
My Books








No comments:

Post a Comment