Wednesday 4 August 2021

Mr Pots returns! - How can I serve yea??

 My uncle was making his way over to the shop for a pint of milk when he saw a man rolling down the road.
  'Are you alright?' he asked the rolling man.
  The man stopped rolling, stood up, and shook my uncle by the hand, 'I am perfect thank you,' said the man.  'How are you?'
  It was then that my uncle realised that the man had a teapot for a head!
  'I am perfect as well,' my uncle replied.
  'Then we are all perfect it seems,' said the man with a teapot head.  
  He finally introduced himself as Mr Pots.
  'Good to meet you Mr Pots,' said my uncle, politely.
  'I would say the same but I can't,' Mr Pots replied.  'You see I can't agree with you because we are both perfect.  You said so yourself.  We need to mess things up a bit and maybe after that the world will make sense again.'
  'I was only joking,' my uncle replied.  'It's just you said you were perfect and I thought I would agree.  It was just a joke.  My life is anything but perfect.  My life is actually a mess.'
  'So you lied?'
  'No.  I was just joking.'
  'Well I a not joking,' said Mr Pots.  'I will not forget what you have done here this day!  You have deceived me!'
  'Now wait a minute!' said my uncle.  'I was just being polite!'
  'And I was being honest,' Mr Pots replied.  'That makes us two VERY different mortals.  I shall return.  And when I do you shall feel great shame for embarrassing me!'
  'Now wait a minute!' said my uncle, but before he could finish Mr Pots was rolling down the road again.
  My uncle shook his head and made his way to the shop.
  'I need some milk,' he said to the shopkeeper.
  The shopkeeper was about to fetch some milk when the lights in the shop suddenly and for seemingly no reason went out.
  My uncle was plunged into darkness!
  Then a few minutes later the lights turned back on.
  Now Mr Pots was standing behind the counter where the shop keeper was.
  'What's on your mind?' said Mr Pots.
  'I just wanted some milk,' said my uncle.
  'Sure.  You want some milk.  But you must of been thinking about something before you wanted some milk.  I. mean.  Everyone has something on there mind.'
  'Well yes.  But that is private.'
  'So share it with me.  Then it doesn't have to be private anymore.'
  'I can't do that not now!'
  'Why not?  Now is the best time!  You have a willing ear.  Let it all out my son.  Give me your secrets!'
  'Well if you must know...'
  'NOT INTERESTED!' Mr Pot snapped.  And he shut my uncle down there and then.  
  My uncle was confused.
  'I don't want you to ever speak to me again,' said Mr Pots.  'See now what it is like to be betrayed?'
  'But I never betrayed you.'
  'Not in YOUR opinion.  But in mine you upset me deeply.  I will go as far as to say you broke my soul!'
  'Now that is going a bit to far.'
  'Who says so?  You?  Or your victims!'
  'I've got no victims!'
  'What about me?' said Mr Pots.  'You upset me earlier this day and thought nothing about it.'
  'Now come on!'
  'I will not,' said Mr Pots.  'But there is one thing I will do.'
  Mr Pots got a teacup and from his snout poured a rich cup of tea!
  'See how friendly I am?' he said.  'You were rude to me yet I poured you a tea!'
  'Thank you,' said my uncle.
  'O yes and here is the milk,' said Mr Pots.  And he grabbed a bottle of milk from the shelf and poured it all over the tea and all over the counter too.  
  Gosh!  
  My uncle was shocked.
  'I will need change for both the milk and the tea!' said Mr Pots.
  ''But...' my uncle stammered.  'I still need milk...'
  'What?  More milk?  Have I NOT poured you enough already!  What a waste!'
  'O forget it,' said my uncle, and he left the shop and walked home.
  Mr Pots, however, drank the tea, and the milk, and rolled away.
  
THE END  

... or is it ?????
===========================================================

Also take a look at:
My Games
Play Given 'em Hell
Play Elfin Quest
Witches Brew a short text based adventure game!
Also take a look at:
My YouTube Channel


My Books












No comments:

Post a Comment