Wednesday 28 June 2023

'The Golden Are Here No More'

[Note from author:  This is work in progress - I will continue to edit this poem in future]

'The Golden Are Here No More'


The stars in the ships are flown...
they row no more and the songs are gone;
our feet are on the grass,
now just me and you and the sun
so let's run - 
and dance in the light as one.

The jewels in thy coat led us here,
in your light we did steer,
and on the shores if we did stumble, 
or ever we forgot to remain humble,
it was your hand that picked us up.

And we saw the glass crystallised in the fields so vast,
with each sunrise the deeper our wonder grew.
We could never have imagined that we would have been the last,
to see the clouds, draw over you.

Steer closer old memory...

I remember you, 
when you first saw the view.
the gold of it was in your eyes!
In your eyes was the amber hue - 
glowing atween the skies of blue,
I will always remember the joy of it in your eyes.

the joy your face wore, 
was the one thing I lived for,
the music you played in the morn,
made me realise why I was born,
you brought life to the fields.
your fancies and your whims,
the light in your limbs,
I cannot believe we were once so young
and joined as one
but now there is no sound in the fields.

And so your eyes are gone
and in them also the light in the fields which once shone.
The golden view has lost its fields of hay,
melted by those who have lost their way...

There is no one left to see me,
And nobody left to hear me,
But I can still remember the old view,
As I sing these words for you:

Crystallised in water on the arms of the yews,
grown from the dews where the golden meadows fare...    
I remember you reflected in the crystallised dews,
in my memory of the golden meadows fair.

Here I stand - The last one to care...
But I will always remember you,
Watching the sun go down,
standing in the golden meadows fair.

===========================================================

Also take a look at:
My Games
Play Give 'em Hell
Play Elfin Quest
Witches Brew a short text based adventure game!
Also take a look at:
My YouTube Channel
My Books









No comments:

Post a Comment