Wednesday 13 October 2021

Being Alcoholic is a Glorious Misery - why so?

I thought there is nothing better than sailing on the inner seas of the mind, especially when the keys are turned to unlock the chains that bind the soul - my key is the happy cup, the brimming glass!


What adventures we had the two of us!


  Together we journeyed into places inside and out - but I can say without a doubt that we were indeed a happy little company, the glass and me!


We used to have a happy union, the cup and I; not so much anymore.

  It's like we've broken up.

  The keys have turned rusty, and are crumbling up in my hands.


There was a time when we could do things together, things that were halfway useful - but now my old friend leaves me lying on the floor with a broken head and broken voice...  The song that once did naturaly dance in my lungs and in my veins has been dried up - and now I walk in an empty land as bad as a desert in a lost land - only there is no border to this stark place - no sky with sunshine or flying moon - no air to breathe.


  I am in a deep well filled up only with the worst things a mortal life has to offer.  


  I think I have always been stuck in that well - and didn't realise it until now.  


  In the old days I could climb out of the hole for a bit to get a breather, that was back when I held the key in my hands...

  But now the key is gone, and I am stuck down here - in this place.

  Forever stuck...

Trapped in world that is filled with neither the light or dark - containing only one thing, a feeling: it is an endless yearning for something that never existed in the first place.


It never existed, that I know now for sure...  But the well has always been here, and I have always been down inside it.


===========================================================

Also take a look at:
My Games
Play Given 'em Hell
Play Elfin Quest
Witches Brew a short text based adventure game!
Also take a look at:
My YouTube Channel


My Books












No comments:

Post a Comment