Thursday 15 July 2021

We live in it


A drink in my hand
a smoke in my mouth - these are the things I live for,
Sing for - 

There are certain things I hope luck bides by time,
and offers up to me:

To live old enough to live, but not too old to forget
Live long enough to see what's inside of my head finally put outside of my head - 
A world placed nicely down on paper.
Too Live long enough to know I have been me - and no one else.

Live long enough to see the madness through,
say I won,
Say I finally beat that damn thing - 

but darn is it one tough thing I must beat - 

to think and live in Hope,
Like hope is going to have great wings that are going to scoop me up
and then grow great sails on its back and with these go forth, with a gentle sea beneath and a silver cloud flying above,
As we go sailing together into the light.

What a thing to live for...
Living for a thing that doesn't think - 
Only hovers outside of the brink...
in a place where knowledge has no meaning,
and thoughts and souls are evaporating into the wind.

What a thing it is to live for something that is not there,
and yet governs all things:

Where lightning falls,
where flowers grow:
who lives
who dies.

In my eyes there are stars that are dying,
and yet I hold my drink
and I take a deep breath
and I live in Hope,

I hope I live long enough to see it through...
Worlds born on paper,
and the madness evaporating into the wind.
===========================================================

Also take a look at:
My Games
Play Given 'em Hell
Play Elfin Quest
Witches Brew a short text based adventure game!
Also take a look at:
My YouTube Channel


My Books












No comments:

Post a Comment