Sunday 17 February 2019

Reach for the Glass...



Another day.
Nothing special.
So I ready the glass.

It's Mid February and there's a bit of sunlight swimming in the clouds
I feel the warmth on my face through the window
It makes me remember something...
... its on the edge of my memory -
But I lose it at the last second.
It flies away.
Maybe its for the:
That kind of thing is best left for sleeping dreams anyway.
No room for fantasy:

I Reach for the glass.


I keep returning to that window
Catch the last play of the sun.
And then I hear a tune far away...
The ice cream van!
There's no one in the old graffiti-ridden rotten city to go to it yet it plays on still.
It plays
It plays
Outside...
And inside my mind as well.
It plays louder in my brain.

It's unbearable so I reach for the glass.

The tune plays on.
There's a summer going on, somewhere, sometime.
The tune is playing.
We're skipping across the grass.
The flowers aren't dead yet.
The dew is dry but not forgotten - the day as bright as the summers smile.
We won't forget you!
We live you, morning noon and night!
We live you and we laugh!
The sun is not outside but in our hearts.
We move in a song.
We laugh because we can!
We dance because we need no reason.
We're all a song.
It's never going to end!

The tune stops.
I see the grey old walls.
I hear the police sirens.
I hear people moaning.

I take up the glass.

No regrets!

I take the glass!

========================================================================
Also take a look at:

My Games

Play Given 'em Hell
Play Elfin Quest
Witches Brew a short text based adventure game!

Also take a look at:

My YouTube Channel


No comments:

Post a Comment