Friday 28 December 2018

The Pipes!!!!

PART 1

Don't put me in the pipes!

I beg you!

I claw and I scratch.
I try to hold THEM back.
They won't let go.
They whisper threats and I say no!
They whisper:
"To the pipes to the pipes with you!"

ANYWHERE BUT THE PIPES!

"Leave me be!" I cry. 
They don't listen.
OR they don't care.
The latter more likely.
I cannot go to the pipes!

But they won't let go!

PART 2

I was walking one day, maybe my last day, around the corner of what I thought to be nothing more than a safe street a mile no less from home.
  Then it happened...
  They came at me, hands grabbed, like snakes at rats, terrible tendrils of mighty strength.
  They bark like dogs too.
  They throw curses at me.
  Their leader, who stands aside and does not attack, looks down at me, and I see the end of the world in his eyes.
  I knew he meant me ill.
  Then he whispers:
  "We're taking you to the pipes!"
  NO!
  I scream it again NO.
  They do not listen.
  I don't think they care. 
  They muffle my voice and take me away.
  I fight.
  They restrain me with strength!
  NO!
  I cannot bear the thought of the pipes!

PART 3

They carry me far across the city.
  Many eyes watch with lids closed tight.
  And on we go, into the midnight.
  The moon cares more than their sallow faces.
  There is no hope as we draw closer to the pipes!
  "Curse you all!" I cry at the hilt of my lungs.
  "This was not my path!  You broke my road!  I cannot be undone!  My words live like flowers!  Tree pollen survives the root!  So will my words!  I will hold fast like stars, and still burn when the our beloved sun shuns them.   And then my words will burn as bright as the sun!  The mighty star!  I shall hold.  And though you my assailants might shroud me in clouds as deep and as dark as a pit, the star will always hold true.  As true as stone.  Fast We shall hold!  Bring on your waves O dreadful pitiless foe.  Bring on your words!  I shall laugh at them.  For many years I have held my head low, and kept in good favour with many a soul - living and dead.  Now time owes me a favour and it will come back with a trinket to haunt you!'
  I arm myself with this.
  I care no longer for the pipes!

They take me to that sullen location I feared most. 
  Worse than nightmares.
  A shell of a city that once lived.
  The pipe opens its mouth - it calls of me with a hiss of foul smelling vapour.
  They place me inside with little care.
  They close the lid.
  It's all dark.
  It is silent.
  I am trapped in the pipes...
  So helpless I must sing -
  and hope falters with a sting:
  May the air abandon my lungs.
  May my stomach sink.
  I dream for nought but death - sweet dreams take me there!
  Farewell sweet dreams!

THE END


========================================================================
Also take a look at:

My Games

Play Given 'em Hell
Play Elfin Quest
Witches Brew a short text based adventure game!

Also take a look at:

My YouTube Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment