Tuesday 29 December 2020

Poem about DREAMS "Where did my dreams go?"

Where did my dreams go?
With you?  
With You?
Did they just fly away ?
With you?
With you?

I saw that light - smiling between the make-believe clouds
Was it a thought I saw?
Or was it anything at all?
I wonder?
O how I wonder.
What if I had been a little closer - 
Would it have helped if my hand could have reached and touched it?
Would touch have made it any more real at all?

In us all -
any more real at all...

Time is like the waves of the sea - going up and down, 
going down and fading away
like hills evaporating into the distance - 
Gone but never gone
Always returning.

How I hope that giddy thing that used to play the harp in my brain returns.
O how so much I hope - 

So I keep dreaming, always and ever dreaming...

Where did my dreams go?
With you?  
With You?
Did they just fly away ?
With you?
With you?
Where did my dreams go?
Were they ever there at all?

Maybe it was not within but without
instead,
Maybe I am looking in the wrong hidy-hole 
singing with words being played by the wrong illusion,
because the mind is just a delusion
like the hopes we sowed as children
before the skies turned grey.

Maybe I should be like time
And sink in with the waves
rolling on and on
and start making new thoughts in the dews of skies
with the sun and the moon at my side.
They shall play with me,
and for me - 
Let's sing now with the sun and the moon.

Where did my dreams go?
With you?  
With You?
Did they just fly away?
With you?
With you?
Did you just take my dreams away?
With you?
With you?
Were they ever dreams at all?

Can you, 
See you?
I think I shall just swim away
From you
and leave it all to brew
in the blue
I go
To start anew

I leave all this time for you,
while I go into the mists...

adieu.


=================================================================


Also take a look at:
My Games
Play Given 'em Hell
Play Elfin Quest
Witches Brew a short text based adventure game!
Also take a look at:
My YouTube Channel


My Books












No comments:

Post a Comment