Saturday 19 November 2022

Dancing Lost in Happy Sadness (1st draft)

In coils of smoke my dreams were lost

But I was young,

Young and lost

So let me off

Let me fall

Let me go

Let me fade into the pools of grey dreams.

No way back.  Once young never again.

So that was it.

That's how I saw it, that evening, standing alone with a stranded dead thing we call hope.

And up it all went, as fast as a frightened bird

In the vast columns of smoke where my dreams did die.

But I keep trying to dance, glass in my hand 

With a gap on my face as fake as space.

Off I go, with the smoke still coiling in my mind.

Glass in hand, I blink and a lifetime goes by,

and yet I still see the pillars of smoke, 

flying high, moving as fast as a bird on wary wings,

For there in the hateful grey coils my dreams did die.

Time won't let it go:

But I will walk the road, like all the others have done before,

and there I will be standing, glass in hand,

Fully awake for once and thinking of the day my dreams died

In the coils of smoke, 

Time would eventually teach me it was the end of things,

The day my dreams vanished into the sky,

As birds do fly,

And on these fleeting wings

My dreams did die.

===========================================================

Also take a look at:
My Games
Play Give 'em Hell
Play Elfin Quest
Witches Brew a short text based adventure game!
Also take a look at:
My YouTube Channel
My Books












No comments:

Post a Comment