Here it is! A King For A Day! Hooray!
Now if you decide you are brave enough to decide to play this little historical game then I congratulate you - go into this little project of mine with LOW expectations, or preferably NO expectations! My game is NOT going to change the gaming industry - it is NOTHING like Total War or Crusader kings, sorry.
I drew a lot of inspiration from other games before I started building A King For A Day.
I love the medieval strategy and adventure games of yore. Here is a little list of my favourites:
Lords of the Realm
Lords of the Realm 2
Conqueror A.D. 1086
Kingmaker
Quest for the Longbow
Castles
Conquests of Camelot: The Search for the Grail
Defender of the Crown
I remember waiting years for Lords of the realm 3 to finally release...
O yes! I remember that one...
There is a reason IT did not make it on the list.
Lords of the Realm fans reading this will know what I mean...
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!!??
Anyway, I think I might have told this little story before in another post - but I used to play this game on my old DOS based PC called - Grail Quest. It is a text based adventure game where you play as Percival charged by King Arthur with a quest to seek the Holy Grail. Grail Quest is a very old school style adventure game. You move around different scenes of medieval Britain, looking for items, speaking to people, solving puzzles.
I used to love all the little scenes of Britain as you moved around, most of them were rendered photographs of real locations, like Stonehenge, and the Tower of London.
It got my imagination fired up I tell you!
I used to think to myself: "Wouldn't it be great if I was the King in this game, marching around Britain collecting resources and fighting battles? O yes that would be great! And I could have my own castle and manage things... Marvellous stuff! It is good to be the king!"
And so all these years later I went ahead and built that game and here it is:
A King For A Day V1.0 is available and playable here by clicking the image below:
===========================================================
Also take a look at:
My Games
Play Give 'em Hell
Play Elfin Quest
Witches Brew a short text based adventure game!
Also take a look at:
My YouTube Channel
My Books
No comments:
Post a Comment