Tuesday, 6 October 2026

Mirror In The Sky

 The wings in the sky they fly so high!

Mirror in the sky!
Mirror in the sky?
Mirror in the sky...

Introduction:  My Last Night.  My first Night...

I see thee!
IN the very stones of thee...
IN thy stones I see thee - where thou has always been for me...
IN the stones
IN the stones
IN the stones!

So there YOU be!  Where you have always seem to be - like a dream to me - hidden in the stones.
Stones...
Stone.
  
Then I see a flash of light, and then I see the stars so bright and then I hear it and then I hear its wings...

And then I hear its wings...

O mirror!  I just want to be free from thee!
I just don't want to have to see thee...
But I see you being drawn to me...
O those stars are so bright I can hear those wings in flight...
IN flight
IN FLIGHT!
O such a frightening sight!
I beg thee hold thy flight!
O mirror I never wish to behold my sight - 
Show not my secrets to me...

Part 1:  He sees everything and is broken like glass...


The mirror...

O no...

I seek piece among the stones...

But I feel it in my bones - my peace is lost!

The voice it speaks:

'I see thee!  Now you will be with me!'


And there it was!  The mirror High!
And there it was the mirror high!
A mirror right beneath the sky!
A mirror that came out of the sky,
It came out of the sky.
Mirror in the sky!
Mirror in the sky!


'Take thee away from me!  I cry!'
  'O dearest mirror in the sky!  O please I cry go back to the sky.  Return to the sky!  Please don't pry, we need you in the sky - please just go back to the sky!'

I see you and you see me,
I shall never be free,
From thy eye,
Mirror in the sky,
Mirror in the sky!

I try to go to sleep...
  I try to go to sleep...
  But you seek me in my dreams...
  My dreams that are mine to keep - but that is where you seek, my dreams that are also asleep, yet you seek me while I sleep!

'My dreams scatter and fly like birds!'
  'O mirror what have you done to me?'
  'Why would you not let me be free?'
  'My skin is like glass...'
  'The waters of my life are in the grass - and my dreams are stones in a shade by a mountain where the sun does not ever shine - O pretty and deceitful sadness.  How you are the envy of apathy!  But I did not go after thee, I did not wish for people to laugh at me but yet you came after me...

But yet you came after me!

Sadness is the treasure of the weary - please do not go near me - I seek NOT sadness to cheer me, I am not like many of those who live near me...
  But yet you shattered my dreams like glass - and my vapours turn to water in the grass by a stone in the shade where the sun does not ever shine.

Part 2:  What Colour is CLay?

My feet!  What hast become of thee?
  O no my feet!  O no my feet do not betray me!
  Can thou walk?  Can thou walk for me still - walk upon the fringes of the world?  Can thou still carry me?
  Will thou still have me?
  Let us walk thou and I - and write about the colours of the land...

I forge my rhythms with such ditherns...
The frog hops over and he always likes to play, 
His harp you should see him sway, as he stops to sing of clay...
O sway dear frog O say!
Sway and sing of clay.
All things have colour...
Even such things as clay,
O play me a tune and play it fair!
Play thy harp for me!
And when thou have done all that thy can,
and said all that thou can for me,
whip up thy fiddle fair,
and carry on playing, playing, fiddling for all
eternity.

Fiddle now, foul fair and fine,
Fiddle now my fine friend of mine,
Fiddle thy fiddle and fiddle it right,
Fiddle now all day and night.
Play thy song and play it right,
Light the night,
And the night the day,
as thou play...
Thou fiddle fair thou fiddle foul,
Play thou fiddle for play.

Friends are we frog and I,
We dance and frolic fair, 
And fair and far we frolic,
Hyperbolic,
He wrote of our frolic,
our frolic,
our frolic, in the dreamy woods so fair!
O breathe in the air!
SO fair!
The sweet scented woodland air -
We shall be there...
Skipping like squirrels skipping,
Ignorant with the zest of life,
in song we shall set a life, 
without strife,
the life of the summer air!

  
I smiled in sadness and in sadness I smiled...
But my skin was made of glass,
and at last the mirror came back to me,
and I was told I would soon be dew among the grass.

Dew among the grass.

So please while we last, ply thy fiddle and play for me...
  the song that lasts eternity, of the colour of clay, and all things that lay, in the present past of time.
  


Part 3:  Final Glance...

O no O no O no!
  I see you and you see me,
I shall never be free,
From thy eye,
Mirror in the sky,
Mirror in the sky!

I try to go to sleep...
  I try to go to sleep...
  But you seek in my dreams...
  My dreams that are mine to keep - but that is where you seek, my dreams that are also asleep - you seek me while I sleep!

The owl flies down to me,
and gripped in its claws in harmony,
the mirror fair the mirror foul.
O play thy harp and play it well,
As my face does look sad and swell - 
In that glass that reflects my... 

...well...

Other than farewell

so well

so well

I tried O well!

And there it was!  The mirror High!
And there it was the mirror high!
A mirror right beneath the sky!
A mirror that came out of the sky,
It came out of the sky.
Mirror in the sky!
Mirror in the sky!



THE END

===========================================================



No comments:

Post a Comment