Friday, 14 August 2026

Bear In The Night.

Welcome to the laboratory!

Let the fun begin...

We have two fun characters to begin with let me give you their names:

Pete

Sendrick

AND SO WE BEGIN...

Pete:  Ah you have returned!  Welcome back old friend!  You will be pleased to know that the experiment is over - thank goodness.  Are you ready to start our observations?

Sendrick:  Isn't that what I am programmed to do?  Ha!  Just joking.  Of course I am ready.  I am looking forward to it!  How are you by the way?

Pete:  O!  You know me!  Same old - same old.  Ah!  Same old songs, same old films...  same old games - I used to love all of that stuff!  Such a shame I can't dance anymore - shame I can't hear music either.  But ah well!  At least I am still breathing, hey, that is the main thing or so people keep on telling me.  I envy you, Sendrick!  You can turn yourself off.  But ah well!  Maybe with time I will enjoy the luxury of gloom.  Ha!  Gloom in a room!  Ah well.  Such is...  such is...  Anyway.  Here is our boy the TEST!  (looking at TEST who enters the room)  I forget your name, we get so many souls in here, so I am just going to call you TEST.  How are you feeling TEST?

TEST:  (stammering - shacking)  I...  I don't know...

Pete:  Can you see me?  Can you hear my voice?  Good!  Then let us start.  Did you follow through with what you had to do?

TEST:  Yes...

Pete:  How do you feel now that the deed has been done?

TEST:  I...  I...

Pete:  Speak!

TEST:  I am afraid...

Pete:  Come on you coward!  We gave you the once in a lifetime opportunity to rid the world forever of one man.  Just one man!  We gave you permission.  You wanted to do it.  You asked for this.  Now it is done.  It is over with no consequence on you.  You should be relieved.  You told us yourself you hated the man!  You told us the story you told us that he made your life a living hell.  Well now by your hand he is gone.  You did this.  You got the job done.  Now you are free.  He will not be bothering you ever again.  Now you are crying?  I can see tears in your eyes...  I don't understand you.  You should be happy?  Why aren't you happy?  Speak!  Your reaction makes no sense.  Sendrick make notes...  TESTS reactions make NO sense!

Sendrick:  Make notes sir.

TEST:  I...  I am ashamed.  I put the metal...  in his mouth...  his teeth popped out everywhere.  He screamed.  I wanted to stop.  But he would not stop screaming.  I had to hit him to stop him from screaming.  With time he went quiet and then I stopped.  After that there was no more screaming.

Pete:  And now how do you feel?

TEST:  I feel like screaming!

Pete:  You can go!

(TEST leaves the scene)

Pete:  Step up Sendrick!  It is now time for you to do what you have been programmed to do!  I need you to follow him.  Watch him...  Return when you have new information.

(Sendrick nods and leaves.  He returns three days later.  He has information).

Sendick:  I followed him.  I watched him.

Pete:  So? How was he? How did he behave after the experiment?

Sendrick:  Well!  I will start by saying this:

I saw him walk in the streets,
Like a bear in the night,
Like a bear in the night.
There was something swift that moved in his feet,
Like a bear in the night 
Like a bear in the night.
He just seemed to move with glee,
Like a bear in the night 
Like a bear in the night.
He didn't need no company,
Like a bear in the night 
Like a bear in the night.
I saw his hands and they were red,
Like a bear in the night 
Like a bear in the night.
He had a look that looked quite dead,

Sure he was dead,
Sure he was dead.
Roses are red, passions are dead.


Bloody red hand and tooth came into sight,
Like a bear in the night 
Like a bear in the night.
It really was quite an ugly sight...

LIKE A BEAR IN THE NIGHT! 
LIKE A BEAR IN THE NIGHT!

Was the experiment a success or not?  It is up to YOU to decide the answer!

THE END

===========================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment